Nikolai N. Kiselev
Novosibirsk Pedagogical State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Abstract. The purpose of the article is to analyze the educational potential of curatorship in a pedagogical university, and to determine the educational resources of the main activities of student groups’ curators. As a result of the theoretical analysis of curatorship as a subject of the educational space of a pedagogical university, various educational possibilities of the curatorʼs position are determined; the pool of roles and qualities in which the curator acts are analyzed. The article also presents the results of a broad study at Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University of the qualitative characteristics of curatorship in general, including its educational potential. The students and curators of academic groups’ relationship, the differences in the positions of an instructor curator and an undergraduate curator, the curator’s educating influence on various aspects of student life were investigated. In addition, the article presents an analysis of the regulations on curatorial activities in various universities in Russia, and the most common curator’s responsibilities are identified.
Keywords: curatorship, educational potential, pedagogical university, curator’s responsibilities, research.
For citation: Kiselev N. N. Educational Potential of Curatorship in a Pedagogical University. Journal of Pedagogical Innovations, 2022, no. 3 (67), pp. 25–33. (In Russ.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15293/1812-9463.2203.03
Funding. The study was carried out within the framework of the project “Development of scientific and methodological support for the training of class teachers and curators of student groups in the context of the implementation of the education programˮ, which is implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, within the framework of state task № 073-03-2022-037 dated 13.01.2022.
1. Baranova N. A., Baranov A. E. Theoretical foundations for the construction and function of the educational space of the university: monograph. Tver: Viart Publ., 2008, 148 p. (In Russian)
2. Beilina N. S. Curator of a student group as a subject of educational activities of the university. Baltic Humanitarian Journal, 2015, no. 2 (11), pp. 33–36. (In Russian)
3. Bogacheva E. A. The modern image of the curator of the student group. Bulletin of the Saratov University. New series. Series: Philosophy. Psychology. Pedagogy, 2018, vol. 18, issue 3, pp. 339–343. (In Russian)
4. Borodina E. S. Organization of the work of the curator of the student group at the university. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Education. Pedagogical Sciences, 2013, vol. 5, issue 3, pp. 77–80. (In Russian)
5. Gorshkova M. A. Model of educational activity of the curator of a student group in a pedagogical university. Lecturer XXI century, 2013, vol. 1, issue 4, pp. 61–66. (In Russian)
6. Kalita O. N. The role of the curator of the student group in the educational process of the university. Problems of higher education, 2019, no. 1, pp. 399–402. (In Russian)
7. Kiseleva E. V., Kiselev N. N. Adaptation of students in a higher educational institution. Siberian Pedagogical Journal, 2019, no. 2, pp. 57–63. (In Russian)
8. Titova G. Yu. The role of the curator of the student group in the organization of educational work at the university. Bulletin of the Tomsk State Pedagogical University, 2011, no. 10, pp. 82–84. (In Russian)
9. Yakushkina M. S. The role of curators in the personal and professional determination of future specialists – university graduates. Problems of personal and professional self-determination of a future specialist in modern conditions: collection of scientific articles / ed. A. E. Baranova. Tver: Viart Publ., 2006, pp. 71–79. (In Russian)
10. Bingham C. W., Sidorkin A. M. No education without relation. NY: Peter Lang, 2004.
11. Bishop P., Hines A. Thinking about the future: Guidelines for strategic foresight. Washington, DC, 2006.
12. Bonell C., Hinds K., Dickson K., Thomas J. [etc.] What is positive youth development and how might it reduce substance use and violence? A systematic review and synthesis of theoretical literature. BMC Public Health, 2015, vol. 16, issue 1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-016-2817-3
13. Cunha F. [etc.] Interpreting the evidence on life cycle skill formation. Handbook of the Economics of Education, 2006, vol. 1, pp. 697–812.
14. George J. M. Emotions and leadership: The role of emotional intelligence. Human relations, 2000, vol. 53, issue 8, pp. 1027–1055.
15. Halle T. G., Darling-Churchill K. E. Review of measures of social andemotional development. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 2016, vol. 45, pp. 8–18.
Information about the author
Nikolai N. Kiselev – сandidate of Sociological Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology of the Institute of History, Humanities and Social Education, Vice-Rector for Educational and Social Work, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3637-1965, email@example.com