Kravtsov Yuriy Vasilevich
Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor, Department of Geography, Regional Studies and Tourism, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk.
E-mail: email@example.com. ORCID: 0000-0002-0462-9194
Mishutina Olga Valerevna
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Foreign Languages Dept., Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. ORCID: 0000-0001-6124-6184
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FOR INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION: INTEGRATIVE ASPECT IN TEACHING
A problematic field of this study is the integration of traditional and new approaches to organizing teaching process on professionally directed disciplines and a foreign language. Acquisition of educational material by the students and effective interaction between lecturers of specialized disciplines and foreign language teachers are important issues as well. Systematic, contextual and personal-oriented approaches, and the method of pedagogical design were used by the authors for considering and analyzing the optimization of educational and methodological support for teachers of two academic disciplines “Physical Geography of Russia” and “English as a Foreign Language”. The authors’ interpretation of content of the lectures, accompanying material in slide presentations, tests and independent work for students on a base of integrated tasks have been tested during the offline/online classes on these disciplines. The used strategies for motivate students to study special vocabulary and use a foreign language as a means of communication are forming the basis for their professional training. Difficulties and achievements in introducing measures presented in the training process were identified. The indicated actions of teachers and students have been aimed to improving the quality of training of a university graduate and improving his/her competitiveness at the international labor market.
Keywords: English as a Foreign Language, English Language for Special Purposes, integration, Physical Geography of the Russian Federation, special terminology, teaching and methodological support, motivation
1. Andrienko E. V. Integrative Trends in Modern Education as a Factor of Its Modernization. Journal of Pedagogical Innovations. 2016. №1 (41). Pp. 5-10.
2. Davydenko N. A., Mishutina O. V. Interdisciplinary Interaction in Teaching History and English as a Foreign Language. Siberian Teacher. 2018. № 3 (118). Pp. 77-83.
3. Kravtsov Yu. V., Mishutina O. V. Integration of Academic Disciplines in the System of Bachelor Education. Siberian Teacher. 2019. № 2(123). Pp. 28-34.
4. Kravtsov Yu. V. Physical Geography of Russian Federation. Vol. 1. General Review of Nature (digital manual). «Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University», Institute of Open Distance Education. Certificate № 54674, registration number: 0321802265. 2018. 28,3 Мb.
5. Sokhranov-Preobrazhensky V. V. Readiness of Masters for Semantic Self-Regulatory Identification as a Factor in Building Their Individual Personal Trajectory of Professionally Significant Development. Science and Education: Actual Psychological Problems and Solutions: Proceedings of International scientific practical conference (56-th Evseviev’s Readings, 19-20 March 2020, Saransk). Saransk, 2020. Pp. 13-17.
6. Ferapontov G. A. Integrative Tasks on English as a Foreign Language for BA and MA Students (profile Life Safety and Geographical Education). Novosibirsk: NSPU Publishing, 2019. 143 pp.
7. Ellen W. R. van den Broek, Helma W. Oolbekkink-Marchand, Ans M.C. van Kemenade, Paulien C. Meijer, Sharon Unsworth. Stimulating language awareness in the foreign language classroom: exploring EFL teaching practices. The Language Learning Journal. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/09571736.2019.1688857
8. Jing Han, Larissa E. Back, Zhengyu Liu, Xinyu Wen. How far poleward can the seasonal precipitation maxima over land extend under high obliquity? Climate Dynamics. 2020. Рp 1-22. DOI: 10.1007/s00382-020-05225-2
9. Jurgen Ehlers, Philip L. Gibbard. Extent and chronology of glaciations. Quaternary Science Reviews. 22 (2003). Рр. 1561–1568.
10. Lopatukhina T., Bulankina N., et al. Foreign Language Professionally-Oriented Training Students of Technical Universities in the System of Recurrent and Lifelong Education. INTED2020 Proceedings. International Technology, Education and Development. 2020. Pp. 7413-7419. – DOI: 10.21125/inted.2020.1984
11. Shangfeng Chen, Renguang Wu, Wen Chen, Kaiming Hu, Bin Yu. Structure and dynamics of a springtime atmospheric wave train over the North Atlantic and Eurasia. Climate Dynamics. 2020. Рp 1-16. DOI: 10.1007/s00382-020-05274-7