Velichko Anna Nikolaevna
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk. ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3556-7352
Pimonova Elena Yuryevna
Candidate of Biological Sciences, teacher of Biology and Chemistry,
MAOU Gymnasium No. 7 “Sibirskaya”, Master’s student of the Department of General and Theoretical Physics, Institute of Physical and Mathematical, Information and Technological Education, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk. ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7920-2064
THE READINESS OF TEACHERS AND STUDENTS TO USE
AND PERFORM TASKS ON NATURAL SCIENCE LITERACY
The article is devoted to the actual problem of the formation and assessment of the formation of natural science literacy in the framework of the content of the school physics course. Natural science literacy is a component of functional literacy – the central concept of the modern approach to determining educational achievements in the world practice of researching educational systems in different countries. The purpose of the article is to determine the state of readiness of the teacher and student for the development of natural science literacy. To this end, the problem of the formation of natural science literacy in Russia was considered from different angles: the readiness of teachers of the natural science subject area to use practice-oriented assignments in the classroom; the readiness of students to complete such tasks; analysis of the practice of constructing tasks in publications. The readiness of teachers was determined by a questionnaire, the readiness of students was determined by conducting cross-sectional work and analyzing its results. Conclusions were drawn on the basis of the conducted research. The main results of the study are: the statement of the fact of insufficient awareness of teachers about the essence of the concepts of “functional literacy” in general and “natural science literacy” in particular. As a result, it is stated that the students are not ready for a scientific explanation and modeling of a real situation.
Keywords: PISA, functional literacy, science literacy, willingness to take action, physics teaching, shaping, assessment.
1. Basyuk V. S., Kovaleva G. S. Innovative project of the Ministry of Education “Monitoring the formation of functional literacy”: main directions and first results. Domestic and foreign pedagogy, 2019, Vol. 1. No. 4 (61), pp. 13-33. (In Russian) URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39249302
2. Berber M, Murshed M. How to achieve a consistently high quality of training. Questions of education, 2009, No. 4, pp. 7-60. (In Russian)
3. Gavronskaya Yu. Yu., Yamshchikova D. S. Formation of natural science literacy of schoolchildren. Pedagogika, 2021, Vol. 85, No. 1, pp. 48-54. (In Russian) URL:
4. Grumova N. A. Formation of functional literacy in primary school students with the help of natural science content tasks. Physics at school, 2021, No. 3, pp. 24-27. (In Russian).
5. Demidova M. Yu., Dobrotin D. Yu., Rokhlov V. S. Approaches to the development of tasks for assessing the natural science literacy of students. Pedagogical dimensions, 2020, No. 2, pp. 8-19. (In Russian)
6. Demkevich E. V. The use of situational tasks in biology lessons. Pedagogical search, 2014, No. 4, pp. 21-22. (In Russian)
7. Ermakov D. S. Situational tasks of the Olympiad on ecology. Biology at school, 2011, No. 7, pp. 34-38. (In Russian)
8. Competence-oriented tasks. Design and application in the educational process: an educational and methodological guide. Edited by N. F. Efremova, M.: Publishing house “National Education”, 2013. 208 p. (In Russian)
9. Korolev M. Yu., Petrova E. B. Formation of functional literacy and training of a teacher of natural science and astronomy. Physics at school, 2020, No. 52, pp. 12-17. (In Russian)
10. Lyaptsev A. V., Abdulaeva O. A. Features of tasks for the formation and assessment of functional literacy in teaching physics. Physics at school, 2020, No. 52, pp. 104-109.
11. Mardarshina A. R. Development of practice-oriented tasks as a means of forming and developing functional literacy of students in physics lessons. Modern School of Russia. Issues of modernization, 2021, No. 2 (35), pp. 41-43. (In Russian)
12. The educational system “School 2100”. Pedagogy of common sense: collection of materials/under the scientific editorship of A. A. Leontiev. M.: Balass, RAO Publishing House, 2003, 368 p. (In Russian)
13. Pentin A. Yu., Nikiforov G. G., Nikishova E. A. Basic approaches to the assessment of natural science literacy. Domestic and foreign pedagogy, 2019, Vol. 1, No. 4 (61),
pp. 80-97. (In Russian)
14. Pentin A. Yu., Nikiforov G. G., Nikishova E. A. Forms of using tasks for assessing and forming natural science literacy in the educational process. Domestic and foreign pedagogy, 2019, Vol. 1, No. 4 (61), pp. 177-195. (In Russian)
15. Perevoshchikov D. V. Mastering the scientific method of cognition and the formation of natural science literacy of schoolchildren when solving physical problems with astronomical content. Bulletin of the Vyatka State University, 2020, No. 1, pp. 94-103. (In Russian)
16. Romantsova N. F., Kochetkova T. N., Efits O. A. Formation of natural science functional literacy in the study of physical quantities. Problems of modern pedagogical education, 2020, No. 67-2, pp. 168-170. (In Russian)
17. Roslova L. O., Karamova I. I. On the readiness of teachers to form functional mathematical literacy of schoolchildren. Profile school, 2020, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 14-26. (In Russian)
18. Firstova N. V., Malysheva N. Yu., Kuznetsova A.V., Meshcheryakova O. A. Situational tasks when teaching chemistry at school. Actual problems of chemical education. Collection of scientific articles of the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference of Chemistry teachers and university teachers, 2015, pp. 5-8. (In Russian)
19. Frolova P. I. On the question of the historical development of the concept of “Functional literacy” in pedagogical theory and practice. Human Science: humanitarian studies. 2016, No. 1 (23), pp. 179-185. (In Russian)
20. Chigisheva O. P. Development of functional literacy of a researcher as an actual task of continuing education. Continuing education: the XXI century, 2018, No. 4 (24),
pp. 16-23 (In Russian)
21. Shimko E. A. Conditions for the formation and diagnosis of individual components of natural science literacy of students. School Technologies, 2019, No. 2, pp. 102-112.