Kovshova Yuliya Nikolayevna
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Geometry and Methodology of Teaching Mathematics, Novosibirsk state pedagogical University, Novosibirsk. ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4072-1948
Yarovaya Yevgeniya Anatolyevna
Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Geometry and Methodology of Teaching Mathematics, Novosibirsk state pedagogical University, Novosibirsk. ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8178-2117
FROM DIDACTIC GAME TO EDUCATIONAL GAMIFICATION
The purpose of the article is to trace the continuity and establish the relationship of the use of traditional didactic games with modern trends in gamification in education and to build the author’s methodological system of gamification of the educational process.
The article considers the problem of gamification in education, substantiates the relevance of research in this direction and formulates a contradiction that leads to the problem of finding optimal approaches to the introduction of gamification in the educational process of schools and universities. The results of a survey of teachers of various subject areas are presented in order to identify an understanding of the relationship between the concepts of “didactic game” and “gamification” and their place in their own professional activities. Based on the analysis of the essence of the concepts “didactic game” and “gamification”, the author’s approach to the construction of the methodological system” Educational gamification” is proposed and the key provisions are formulated.
According to the results of the study, conclusions are formulated and prospects are outlined in the development of individual components of the author’s methodological system, its approbation in the real educational process and analysis of the results obtained.
Keywords: gamification, didactic game, educational game, education, training, didactic principles, educational activity, interactivity.
1. Antonova A. B., Ivanov E. A., Dubinina K. O. Interactive information technologies as a key trend in the development of the tourism industry. Economy. Right. Innovations, 2016, no. 2, pp. 47-51. (In Russian)
2. Bijieva S. H., Urusova F. A.-A. Gamification of education: problems of use and development prospects. The world of science. Pedagogy and Psychology, 2020, no. 4.
3. Verbakh K. Involve and rule. Game thinking in the service of business. Kevin Werbach, Dan Hunter; translated from English by A. Kardash. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov and Ferber, 2015. 224 p.
4. Gabdulkhakov V. F., Galimova E. G. Digital pedagogy and gamification of education at universities. Education and self-development, 2014, no. 4 (42). pp. 37-43. (In Russian)
5. Gaimanova T. G. Pedagogical gamification. Bulletin of «ORLEU» KST, 2016, no. 2(12), pp. 85-89. (In Russian)
6. Gamification: online courses. (In Russian) URL: https://4brain.ru/gamification/
7. Gromova N. V. Gamification as a tool for ensuring the competitiveness of modern companies. Modern competition, 2018, Vol. 12, no. 2-3 (68-69). pp. 18-29. (In Russian)
8. Danilchuk E. V., Kulikova N. Yu., Germashev I. V. Methodological features of the formation of the readiness of a future computer science teacher for the development and use of computer games in teaching algorithmization and programming. Proceedings of the Volgograd State Pedagogical University, 2018, no. 5 (128), pp. 42-49. (In Russian)
9. Didactic game: approaches to the terminology of various authors. Dictionaries and encyclopedias on Akademik. (In Russian) URL: http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/ruwiki/28607.
10. Dolgaya A. A. How to overcome the resistance of employees in the gorizontal control game. In the collection: Internal Entrepreneurship: university and business. Collection of materials of the international scientific and practical conference, 2017, pp. 3-9. (In Russian)
11. Zvonareva N. A., Kupalov G. S. Potential and risks of gamification of teacher education. Education and law, 2021, no. 2, pp. 270-275. (In Russian) DOI: 10.24412/2076-1503-2021-2-270-275
12. Isaeva E. V. Gamification technologies in marketing: how to involve consumers in games with brands. In the collection: Marketing and branding: challenges of the XXI century. Materials of the International scientific and Practical Conference, 2017, pp. 66-68. (In Russian)
13. Isupova N. I. Inverted class and gamification as actual forms of distance learning organization. Eurasian Scientific Association, 2021, no. 1-7 (71), pp. 527-530. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo. 4526539
14. Isupova N. I. Application of gamification services for updating and consolidating knowledge. Eurasian Scientific Association, 2019, no. 6-6 (52), pp. 370-374. (In Russian) DOI: 10.5281/zenodo. 3271146
15. Isupova N. I., Suvorova T. N. Gamification of the educational process using the «Flipped classroom» technology. Prospects of science and education, 2019, no. 5 (41),
pp. 412-427. (In Russian) DOI: 10.32744/pse. 2019.5.29
16. Karavaev N. L., Soboleva E. V. Improving the methodology of gamification of the educational process in the digital educational environment: monograph. Kirov: Vyatka State University, 2019. 105 p. (In Russian)
17. Karmanova E. V., Starkov A. N., Vikulina V. V. The possibilities of applying gamification technology in the implementation of e-learning at the university. Prospects of science and education, 2019, no. 4 (40), pp. 462-472. (In Russian) DOI: 10.32744/pse. 2019.4.35
18. Kovalenko V. G. Didactic games in mathematics lessons: Book. For a teacher. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1990. 96 p.
19. Kovshova Yu. N. Elements of gamification in physics and mathematics lessons using information and communication technologies. Step into science: Materials of the XII Regional Scientific and Practical Conference of students and Undergraduates of the IFMITO NGPU, Novosibirsk, April 26-30, 2021. Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, 2021, pp. 184-186. (In Russian)
20. Kruglikov V. N., Krivov V. R. Educational game complex. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 2015. 512 p.
21. Kudryavtsev O. E. Introduction of the game component in teaching mathematical disciplines. Academic Bulletin of the Rostov branch of the Russian Customs Academy, 2020, no. 4 (41), pp. 78-85. (In Russian)
22. Labutina V. A. Increasing motivation to learn in the process of professional development of teachers with the use of distance educational technologies. Computer science and education, 2016, no. 6 (275), pp. 23-26. (In Russian)
23. Lipatova S. D., Khokholeva E. A. Amification as a pedagogical technology of activization of educational motivation of students of the university. Professional education in Russia and abroad, 2020, no. 1 (37), pp. 44-51. (In Russian)
24. Maltseva S. N., Shishkin K. S. Gamification of the process of teaching a foreign language as a means of increasing the motivation of students. Technologies of the information society. Proceedings of the XIV International Industrial Scientific and Technical Conference, 2020, pp. 535-537. (In Russian)
25. Metechko T. O. Game educational technologies in higher school. In the collection: Prospects for the development of higher education. Materials of the XIV International Scientific and Methodological Conference. Grodno, 2021, pp. 153-155. (In Russian)
26. Olkhovskaya V. S. The expediency of using gamification methods in the professional development of the organization’s personnel. In the collection: Intelligent management systems in the digital economy. Collection of materials Forum of young scientists. Edited by O. N. Pronskaya, 2020, pp. 85-88. (In Russian)
27. Orlova O. V., Titova V. N. Gamification as a way of learning organization. Bulletin of the Tomsk State Pedagogical University, 2015, no. 9 (162), pp. 60-64. (In Russian)
28. Pedagogy: A textbook for teachers. Yu. K. Babansky, T. A. Ilyina, N. A. Sorokin, etc.; Edited by Yu. K. Babansky. M.: Prosveshchenie, 1983. 608 p.
29. Pedagogy: Textbook. L. P. Krivshenko, M. E. Weindorf-Sysoeva, etc.; Edited by
L. P. Krivshenko. M.: TK Velbi, Prospekt Publishing House, 2010. 432 p.
30. Dictionary of psychological and pedagogical concepts: reference manual for students of all specialties of full-time and part-time forms of education / author-comp.
T. G. Kalennikova, A. R. Borisevich. Minsk: BSTU, 2007. 68 p.
31. Dictionary of the Russian language: In 4 volumes / RAS, Institute of Linguistics. research; Edited by A. P. Evgenieva. 4th ed., ster. M.: Rus. yaz.; Polygraph Resources, 1999. – Vol. IV. S-Ya. 797 p.
32. Titovets T. E. Basic approaches to the gamification of learning in the higher school system. ASOU Conference: collection of scientific papers and materials of scientific and practical conferences, 2017, No. 1, pp. 187-188. (In Russian)
33. Eyrikh N. V., Fishman B. E. Experience of using game technologies in assessment of knowledge quality (on the example of mathematics). Science and school, 2019, no. 6,
pp. 148-162. (In Russian)
34. Yarina S. Yu. Educational computer games. Mastery online, 2015, no. 4 (5). (In Russian) URL: http://ripo.unibel.by/index.php?id=917
35. Deterding S., Sicart M., Nacke L., O’Hara K., Dixon D. Gamification: using game-design elements in non-gaming contexts. New York: ACM Press, 2011. P. 2425-2428. URL: http://doi.org/10.1145/1979742.1979575