Natalya V. Kokhan
Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Tatyana M. Gozman
Pedagogical College, Chernyakhovsk, Kaliningrad region, Russia
Annotation. The key idea of the article is the actualization of the topic of mentoring as a pedagogical technology of professional development on the example of modern realities in the field of education. The purpose of the article is to identify the factors in the development of modern formats of mentoring as an educational interaction. The dynamics of the definitions of the concept of “mentoringˮ is revealed, the key principles of mentoring, the specifics of the young generation of teachers are noted. The unifying principle behind the implementation of mentoring technology is learning by doing. Mentoring as a technology of professional formation and development has an impact not only on the development of the mentee, but also on expanding the boundaries of the professional skills of the mentor himself. The specifics of the conditions that determine the reboot of mentoring in the new reality are characterized. From the practice of professional educational organizations, higher education organizations, examples of popular forms, levels and technologies of mentoring are given. Pedagogical conditions (organizational, psychological and pedagogical, didactic) are revealed, from the position of which it is possible to evaluate the effectiveness of mentoring. The conclusion is made about the factors of development of modern formats of mentoring as an educational interaction.
Keywords: mentoring, professional difficulties, professional socialization, educational interaction, mentoring principles, mentoring forms, technologies.
For Citation: Kokhan N. V., Gozman T. M. Mentorship as Educational Interaction. Journal of Pedagogical Innovations, 2023, no. 2 (70), pp. 5–14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15293/1812-9463.2302.01
1. Diplomatova Z. Yu., Ivanov V. N., Alexandrova G. A. Mentoring in an Educational Organization as a Condition for a teacher’s Career Growth. Bulletin of the Chuvash State Pedagogical University. I. Ya. Yakovleva, 2021, no. 1 (110), pp. 131–140. (In Russian)
2. Ilaltdinova E. Yu., Filchenkova I. F., Frolova S. V. Features of the Organization of Postgraduate Support for Graduates of the Targeted Training Program in the Context of Supporting the Life Cycle of the Teaching Profession [Electronic resource]. Bulletin of the Minin University, 2017, no. 3 (20). URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30476237 (date of access: 20.01.2023). (In Russian)
3. Kanishcheva E. V. Modern Mentoring in the Context of the Implementation of the GEF SOO as a Factor in the Development of Professional Competencies of a Gymnasium Teacher. Kuban School, 2021, no. 1, pp. 67–71. (In Russian)
4. Petrovskaya E. S. The Institute of Mentoring in a Military Flight School: Problems and Prospects. Volga Pedagogical Bulletin, 2019, vol. 7, issue 1 (22), pp. 65–70. (In Russian)
5. Rezanovich I. V. Multi-level Mentoring and Models of its Implementation in Educational Organizations. News of the Voronezh State Pedagogical University, 2021, no. 1 (290), pp. 66–69. (In Russian)
6. Ushinsky K. D. Letters on the Upbringing of the Heir to the Russian Throne. Ushinsky K. D. Collected pedagogical works: in 6 volumes. Vol. 1. Moscow: Pedagogika Publ., 1988, pp. 317–340. (In Russian)
7. Cherevko M. A. Pedagogical Mentoring as a Factor of Professional Self-Determination of Young Teachers: Regional Aspect. Power and Management in the East of Russia, 2022, no. 3 (100), pp. 150–159. (In Russian)
8. Shchedrina, O. A., Kudrina E. A. Mentoring as a Mechanism for Implementing Personnel Policy. State and Society: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, 2019, no. 2, pp. 57–60. (In Russian)
Information about the Authors
Natalya V. Kokhan – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Education Management, Head of the Scientific and Methodological Center for Support of Pedagogical Workers, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3735-4382, email@example.com
Tatyana M. Gozman – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Director, Pedagogical College, Chernyakhovsk, Kaliningrad region, Russia, https://orcid.org/0009-0001-7992-0373, firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorsʼ contribution: Authors have all made an equivalent contribution to preparing the article for publication.
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Received: 01.03.2023; approved after peer review: 03.06.2023; accepted for publication: 08.06.2023.