Elena G. Basalaeva
Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Marina V. Shpilman
Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Abstract. Russian language centers, including centers of Open education in Russian language and Russian language teaching, in the Peopleʼs Republic of China are analyzed in the article. The study of the functioning of the Russian language centers established at different times in the PRC revealed a number of problems that need to be solved. These include the lack of information promotion of education centers in Russian in the media, non-systemic financing of projects, the implementation of the centersʼ activities mainly on the basis of educational organizations in the PRC, the absence of a single governing body that controls and coordinates the activities of the centers, the shortage of Russian language teachers, the need to update methodological materials. The authors outline possible ways to solve problems aimed at improving the efficiency of existing Russian language centers in China and the centers that are in the process of establishing. The article also suggests a draft model of organizational, methodological and personnel support of educational activities in the Russian language in the Peopleʼs Republic of China, including various modules: regulatory, managerial (personnel), organizational and methodological, material and technical, financial and economic, psychological and pedagogical.
Keywords: Russian language promotion, Russian language teaching, Russian language, open education center in Russian, educational model, Peopleʼs Republic of China, international cooperation.
For citation: Basalaeva E. G., Shpilman M. V. Analysis of the Model of Organizational, Methodological and Personnel Support of Educational Activities in Russian Language in the Peopleʼs Republic of China. Journal of Pedagogical Innovations, 2023, no. 3 (71),
pp. 26–44. (In Russ.) DOI: https://doi.org/10.15293/1812-9463.23.03.03
Funding. The study was carried out within the framework of the project “Designing a model of organizational, methodological and personnel support of educational activities in Russian in the education system of the Peopleʼs Republic of China: applied research”, which is implemented with the financial support of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, within the framework of state task № 073-03-2023-027 dated 27.01.2023.
1. Arefyev A. L. The Russian language at the turn of the XX-XXI centuries [Electronic resource]. Moscow: Center for Social Forecasting and Marketing, 2012, 450 p. (date of access: 15.06.2023). (In Russian)
2. Artamonov V. N., Baykova I. G., Galushko E. F., Zakharova E. V. Center for open education using the Russian Language: experience in implementing the project. Volga region pedagogical search, 2021, no. 1 (35), pp. 22–27. (In Russian)
3. Artemyeva P. A., Chernoperov V. L. Rossotrudnichestvo in promoting Russian language and Russian culture in the Post-Soviet area in 2014–2016: results, challenges, perspectives. Ivanovo State University Bulletin. Series “The Humanitiesˮ, 2017, no. 4,
pp. 5–15. (In Russian)
4. Barmatina I. V., Varakuta A. A., Marushchak E. B. The model of interaction of a pedagogical university with basic schools in the context of involving higher education in the continuous development of pedagogical workers. Philosophy of Education, 2021,
vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 212–227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15372/PHE20210410 (In Russian).
5. Bezrodnaya A. Yu. Russian house of science and culture: activities, significance, contribution [Electronic resource]. Sciff. Questions of students science, 2018, no. 11 (27). URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/rossiyskiy-dom-nauki-i-kultury-deyatelnost-znachimost-vklad (date of access: 18.06.2023). (In Russian)
6. Eremina E. V. Open education centers as model for promoting Russian education abroad: concept, characteristics, implementation. Vestnik nauki, 2023, no. 3 (60), pp. 85–101. (In Russian)
7. Efremova L. I. Russian-Sino Cooperation in Education. Vestnik RUDN. International Relations, 2017, no. 4, pp. 857–865. (In Russian)
8. Ivanova I. S. The Russian language study in China (from experience in Hainan University). Scientific-methodological electronic journal “Konceptˮ, 2014, no. 13, pp. 36–40. URL: http://e-koncept.ru/2014/14655.htm (date of access: 10.06.2023). (In Russian)
9. Maleev A. A. The national language as an instrument of Russiaʼs Soft Power. Politics and society, 2017, no. 3, pp. 143–148. (In Russian)
10. About the Russian Language Centers established with Russian participation in the PRC (Certificate from the Russian Embassy in China dated April 20, 2023.) (In Russian)
11. Pozdniakov I. A. Russian school in China: a perspective basis for the tuition and adaptation of the international students at the Russian universities. Izvestia of the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A. I. Herzen, 2017, no. 183, pp. 57–62. (In Russian)
12. Collection of information materials on the results of the scientific and methodological seminar-meeting on the development of uniform requirements and criteria for voluntary certification of Russian schools abroad [Electronic resource]. Moscow, 2013, 92 p. URL: http://files.drofa-ventana.ru/site/rossotrudnichestvo_2013-12-16.pdf (date of access: 12.06.2023). (In Russian)
13. Xi Zh. Training system for teachers of Russian as a foreign language in China. Scientific-methodological electronic journal “Konceptˮ, 2023, no. 3, pp. 15–28. URL: http://e-koncept.ru/2023/231013.htm (date of access: 10.06.2023). (In Russian)
14. Tenchurina L. Z., Li H. Learning and teaching Russian language in China and Taiwan: past and present. Education and science journal, 2016, no. 3 (132), pp. 177–197. (In Russian)
15. Tsvyk G. I. Promotion of the Russian language in the PRC as an instrument of cultural diplomacy of the Russian Federation in 2001–2017: dissertations for an academic degree candidate of historical sciences. Moscow, 2018, 157 p. (In Russian)
16. Zhao X. Confucius institute and the Russkiy Mir foundation in the context of globalization: a comparative analysis. Society: Philosophy, History, Culture, 2020, no. 9 (77), pp. 143–148. (In Russian)
17. Yatsenko E. B. Analysis of the current state and prospects of development of cooperation between Russia and China in the field of education in the framework of the state actions and university initiatives [Electronic resource]. Humanities Scientific Researches, 2017, no. 12. URL: http://human.snauka.ru/2017/12/24720 (date of access: 10.06.2023). (In Russian)